Sunday, December 2

Antism

On most days without exception, I am thoroughly confused about the world, my role and why an ant and I are different.

On some days, I worry about the confusion, ask questions that may not be answered, feel like I am a non-entity in the large scheme of things, wonder if God did take the many forms that we as a race believe,evolution and dinosaurs and think to myself that it shouldn't matter what I do with the 8-ish hours I am at work, or the 48 hours of my weekend, because, after all, I am just another inconsequential life-form.

An ant, I am sure fares better than me, on an average day, cos its cerebral confusion doesn't extend to such a gamut of topics. Between worrying about ant2ant collision avoidance or sugar-salt differences, and daily existential angst, the choice is a no-brainer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year :)

Me said...

but the ant has not lived its life if it had stopped and worried about existential questions. and you haven't lived yours if it weren't for your thoughts! :) so, ant be an ant, you be you - the complex human being that you are! :D