Sunday, December 2

Annus Memorablis

It has been a year, and what a year it was. No life-altering experiences but contour redesigns, in 365 days that didn't feel like an entire year. I wonder if this will be the year that I remember the most from the annals of my life-history. And when I do, I wonder which parts I will cherish the most.

Wish there was a peep-into-the future. Most people I know prefer the past, and turning back time- not me.I hate the blurred vision of the future, but love the idea that perhaps a part of it, is under my control. Or is it? Can a seemingly wrong decision bear out to be the right one under conditions of uncertainty? But, I definitely don't want to be caught in a time-warp, where things stay the same, only cos today seems familiarly happy.

The man (pardon the sexism, here) upstairs knows more about next year than I do, and I probably shouldn't spend time agonizing over a decision here and there, and merely flow with things, as I must. Thinking about it certainly doesn't help, neither does delaying it.

Strangely, not having the entire reins of my life in my hands, for once, is comforting.

1 comment:

Me said...

the only past i want to think about is something intriguing...were the Gods really aliens? who built the pyramids actually? that is allowed right? hehe!