Wednesday, January 23

The End isn't Nigh.

Okay. Oka*. Ok.K

This is absurd- I set out to write something entirely different, here I am comparing styles of okaying.

Anyways, yesterday I was thinking how thinking patterns change, de-evolve with the passage of time. When I was in school, it was with the end-in-mind. School would end, then college would, then I would get a job.That was the idea. And after a job,nothing substantial would happen which would need thinking. I mean, to get there, seemed like it would take ages. Notice how little kids too cannot go beyond becoming an astronaut or pilot when asked what they want to do with their lives.

Now, miles away from there, I know that life has begun, and threatens not to end as fast. The end isn't near, and if I complained about school ever, I regret it. Education should be a longer phase in one's life- it should be an exact half life at least!I struggle to live down one year at a time- getting through work isn;t half as exciting as getting through school. The prospect of not having to study certain subjects was alluring.

What drives one from the 365th day to the 366th at work? Dilbert of the Day?

2 comments:

... said...

9 to 5 is the price you pay for the right to exist. You don't need to be 'driven', it doesn't need to be exciting. The rest of the hours constitute your life - do something you're driven to do during that time.

Okay? Oka*? Ok?K?

Me said...

i disagree with the person above. everyone has a right to exist. and to do something everyday one would look forward to, atleast most of the time. it's nto a question of being driven, but just being happy! :)
d, you had a good point about school days... why question a poor kid about what he/she wants to become when they grow up? why not what t hey want to do for the next week! just being a kid...