Thursday, September 14

Tis not food for...

What would life be, if we stopped thinking?

Easier?

I think the times that I have stopped to think,or at least stopped unknowingly, have been when I have been working at work.And I have thought most in the confines of the spaces that house me, to lull myself to sleep, and most often, to avoid working.

But, lets say the world stopped thinking for an hour...a day, even-it wouldn't be that catastrophic.What's the worst one can do without thinking?A lot of good, I hear.

Is memory a thought?It shouldn't be -there is hardly anything intelligent about it.

Whatever.

4 comments:

nice try said...

this stuff is intensely self-referential .. if you ceased to think how would you able to think about not thinking?

nice try said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dya said...

I know!!
The hardest thing is to not think, without allowing yourself to think that you are not going to think.I mean every action of ours, involves a bit of programmed logic, that you just cannot do anything without thinking, or drawing upon past inferences.

Self-referential? But obviously, c'mon!How many other subject's thought processes can I claim access to?

nice try said...

btw .. self-referential didnt imply you were referring to yourself .. was referring to the process of thinking abt not-thinking as being recursively defined and hence self-referential