Saturday, June 24

That male thing!

The mortal Indian male’s obsession with the game never ceases to amuse. I guess cricket does, what a shopping spree or a bitching session can to my fellow femmes. Releases those hormones that make you happy.

I admit I did feel out of sorts, with all the hush-hush planning that went on at office yesterday ..football, and I would probably be all gung-ho; but cricket just doesn’t do it for me. Imagine, the band actually agrees to assemble at 6 in the morning…six, on a Saturday morning! These very same people ,the majority of whom generally clumsily waltz into office the wrong side of ten. Of course, I guess it didn't hurt that you got the rest of the day off..for just standing in a plain field waiting for some ball, that is anyway going to be pulled down by the force of gravity.

And lest you suspect otherwise, there is constant practice that happens in anticipation of The Game.Paperweights, to get that bowling action right. Files and in daring cases, laptops for that perfect cover drive. Throw cellphones, preferably expensive ones, in the air and work on that clumsy catching, mate . And of course, dissect Viru, Rahul and Dhoni threadbare-(I understand this is for the “technique”)

To think that all it takes is one tennis ball to get 24, 25 and 26 year-olds revved up for the weekend.

Anna. K, who was even thinking about you!

5 comments:

nice try said...

blasphemy

dya said...

Did the venerable one actually expect anything even remotely reverential?

nice try said...

and btw .. anna k i belv is a thing of the past ..

dya said...

A 1000 apologies, forgot Maria!And the plainly obvious- the Indian gentleman prefers the ladies "singles"!!

Help me, I am doubling up, here!!!Ha!

D said...

I guess you haven't seen men watching football in a pub?