Tis officially out!! Happy Days are now scientifically predictable. A scholar in “Seasonal Disorders” ,funded magnanimously (my guess) by some obscure British University, even has a formula to work it out. And turns out that June 23,2006 was “it”-the day of unbridled happiness…the day that our endorphins peaked in unison!
To recapitulate the happenings on That Day,should the need ever arise for an answer to the Q-“What were you doing on XXX?”--Letsee..I got lectured in the morning (mainly because I missed my daily dose the previous day); received an earful in the company of esteemed colleagues later in the afternoon; a meeting scheduled for four, didn’t start until six…listened to recycled advice and “planning” for the future; rushed out for dinner that didn’t happen until nine , and made do with unpleasant small talk until then. Forgot to tell the old folks that I was held up, and rounded the day with some parental over-anxiety.
And this is the happiest I am ever going to be for the rest of the year? I guess notice in advance wouldn’t have hurt. I would definitely have tried to look for the silver lining in the mundance occurrences, spread more than my usual cheer..been the poster girl for Joy (no, J ain’t the Bong who did the research, though he may as well be… it does seem apt!)
Oh yes…the saddest day this year was January 23.Luckily, I can’t remember much of it.:(
Sunday, June 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
cant help but thinking that the something close to the longest day of the year .. most sunshine corresponds to most happiness for many sun-forsaken lands
-- if they did they same survey in ramagundam im sure theyll disagree and say jan was the best time of the year
Post a Comment