Saturday, June 17

Drama Queen

It is hard to stop being a drama queen, after 23 years of experience at it.My M has it that I was comparitively sober when I was a kid..but I put that down largely to fading memories.

I wish my waterworks were more controlled...I am in tears within a minute of screaming my head off, and any argument is entirely lost after that.Sadly, the marked consistency in being able to bawl like a baby, has me being branded "sensitive"..so that most people are reluctant to say what they really want to, for fear of witnessing the melodramatic scene that would ensue.

I can't think of one place that I haven't wept a flood.Except college, maybe.

Slightly embarassing, in hindsight, and also because I know that given the same situation,I would still do the same thing.

Age doesn't matter.You are what you started out as.

3 comments:

dya said...

I have never understood, if the purpose of a blog is to convey, share or express...one of the reasons that this took so much time...

I ain't the woman of substance that I used to be!!

nice try said...

ive never understood the act of crying ..
assuming the purpose of crying is to draw attention to yourself in case of trouble -- the seemingly obvious answer is to have sirens/flashlights or something really striking.. not some salty watery discharge which is not entirely visible from more than 15-20 feet away.
seems like an evolutionary bug that will need to be fixed in the next version. and to sound chauvinistic here but the bug appears more pronounced in the female version of the species (I have no explanation for that!)

dya said...

I am not answering that typical V-sic reaction on the gene defect.

Oh, and BTW, most cries are accompanied by decent sound effects, so if not visible, def. audible.

Though I still maintain that crying is not attention seeking, unless you are a hungry baby.