The need to mathematicise things, and to predict seemingly random occurrences, completely eludes me.....like optimal stopping (plagiarised from Dhammo's).Like the guy below who researched on happiness.Like the 37% Rule. Deterministic Probability.Calculated Optimism.Like some random theory on the correlation of babies intelligence with the dates that they were conceived.
Does scientific precision to life, in any way, improve it?If I know, for example, that the 26th of every month is a hopelessly bad one, because the theory of random numbers proves it, I can't bunk every month or just shut myself up on that day, I guess.
I believe that not everything is a science.Or that not everything should be.It scares me to think that I am not being manipulated by some superior being, and that everything I do is actually plain Q.E.D Math.
Thursday, June 29
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I have an unknown reader who quotes me! Who it is?
"26th of every month is a hopelessly bad one"
--that explains a lot of things ...Danke!
Dhammo..
Tis I-
A fawning fan, who started to comment, but realising that a personal tirade against math (and science) hardly is a comment, transferred it to this private space in blog world.
Nice try..
Glad that your quest ended here..but WTH are you talking about, anyways?
math and science and fawning fans?!
I feel like I am reading the D-Uh Vince Code :)
Mail me if you don't want to clutter your comment space
A,
Agreed my choice is mine..but how much choice is really ours to make?
The whole scientific angle to things, is supposed to help us make more intelligent choices, but somehow, taking chance away from choice, leaves me with little to hope for.
Post a Comment