Friday, September 7

cupid's arrows aint enough

I don't think love is a continuos flow of the emotion. I see that it has peaks and dips, and probably, it is over even before you realize that you had it at all. I also don't think that it is possible to love unconditionally for a long period of time.I mean, there has to be a return on investment.Deciding whether it is commensurate or not is a different ball-game.

It seems to be a net balance in the end-if what you like is more than you dislike, then you can love it, given a relatively longer period of time. (Comfort confused with love and associated despondency at loss of comfort-giver). Further, if conditions present themselves that you have no choice but to force yourself to find things to like more than you dislike, then you will learn to live with it (but not love it). And lastly, you could love out of a sense of dispassionate duty or guilt.

(Rushdie ,through the mind of Amina Sinai: Each day, you just need to find a new thing to love about the other person.)I guess its not too difficult to find enough things, if you count in the shape of an earlobe, the twitch of a nostril, the curl of an eyelash, and a mischievious upper lip.

And btw, trivia for A: The Goddess Parvati herself was known to have a horrible temper.



1 comment:

Me said...

i like the last part - the words on finding things to like in a person.
don't think too much Dee.
if anything is worth your time or emotions, invest.
otherwise...err..divest! :D