Wednesday, June 20

Mental Health Checks

Crummy!
I wrote a super blog on mental health days.A wrong combination of Shift and Down key and my post vamoozed into unpublished cyber space.

Not one to be outdone by a machine, I shall re-write (come on, its just a couple of randome incoherent thoughts).Not the same super way, though.

Everyone needs a Mental Health Day.Auntie P coined this term the last time I played truant to office, and she assured worryweasel me that there must be no guilt about spending quality 101 sessions with I-Me-Self.

So, here I am on a Wednesday, enjoying fine weather from the interior of my room, pretending to do a "me and my loneliness often talk to each other" session.(In actuality, I am running away from me...I can actually feel myself splitting into two, probably similar to the way a zygote splits into twins)

Yes, mental health days are needed to be able to survive corporates, people, powerplay and most importantly, being a pawn in this entire game.Also, to evaluate life, strategies to rise and fall with the tide, status of r'ships-mine and Hollywood's, see Jolie-Pitt baby's amazin combo of papa's jaw and mama's pout, re-read GoFugYourself and generally prepare myself for another half-month of ennui.The flavor of the month, the word for June..and the general feeling that envelopes me when I wake up every morning-ennui.

Excerpts from MH day:

I am racing towards a quarter century, even hurling towards it-Not good
I can do nothing about it-Very bad
I am not greying or losing hair at alarming rates-Excellent
I have just enough money to pay rent for the next 5 months-Passable
I am madly confused about certain r'ships-Run, D, Run
I don't answer calls from some of my best friends only cos I am in an awful mood all the time-Ouch
I love my house-Attagirl
I want to go to Machu Pichu before it really does crumble or becomes the Taj of S.Am-Ouch
I am madly confused about my job, what I learn, what I do and my salary calculator-Not good
I have good liquor retention capabilities.I never have hang-overs and all I get is high on a double LIT-Attagirl
I love staying where I do, but am not sure it's for the right reasons-Passable
I would choose a good job over a good life anyday- Attagirl
I would also keep cribbing about the choice-Tisok
I am a bundle of extreme reactions, but I refuse to compromise.
I am too hungry to rate that Q.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am racing towards a quarter century, even hurling towards it-Why does it matter?
I can do nothing about it-Why would you want to?
I am not greying or losing hair at alarming rates-It'll happen soon enough.
I have just enough money to pay rent for the next 5 months-Passable.
I am madly confused about certain r'ships-They wouldn't be any fun if you weren't.
I don't answer calls from some of my best friends only cos I am in an awful mood all the time-Tell 'em you need to be alone, don't leave 'em hanging.
I love my house-Hard to believe.
I want to go to Machu Pichu before it really does crumble or becomes the Taj of S.Am-I assume this is meant to be ignored.
I am madly confused about my job, what I learn, what I do and my salary calculator-Insiders are selling, stock prices are at an all-time low, the stock's already paying dividends so don't expect any real top line growth, and you are only part of efforts to save the bottom line. You deserve better.
I have good liquor retention capabilities.I never have hang-overs and all I get is high on a double LIT-Attagirl
I love staying where I do, but am not sure it's for the right reasons-What are the right reasons D? Maybe it's time to reevaluate how skewed you want your priorities to be towards your career. Stay there if you're enjoying it. What more can you ask for?
I would choose a good job over a good life anyday-Please refer to previous comment.
I would also keep cribbing about the choice-We crib, therefore we are.
I am a bundle of extreme reactions, but I refuse to compromise.-"You know you wouldn't want it any other way"
I am too hungry to rate that Q. - Then yeat already! Yenjoy your time at home!

dya said...

Thank you, anonymous.
Needless to say the insider talk does give you away...perhaps, durden, you must not carry the anonymous burden no more.
:)

Anonymous said...

oh but i must, for although i've come to adore this bundle of extreme reactions, i'm bound to be on the receiving end of those extremes at some point in time... so being anonymous helps me sleep at night... I can always deny it you know...