There are these things that make you feel older, grown up, Ms. I-am-not –a kid anymore. Like say,wearing a suit. Or perfume. Or driving a bigger car. A life insurance policy (in addition, it also makes you feel very valuable on an if-absent value basis). To some, living alone.
I don’t know how this started, but gold bangles do it for me. I feel sudden urges of responsibility, and adulthood, when I wear them. Getting me to wear a bangle is an ordeal in itself because of my distaste for gold, and my skewed wrist-arm proportions. And on the rare occasions that I do (read, to please female parent ), I don’t take them off for at least a week. After which, as is the case with most sudden urges, the fascination peters off
For now, I think I want to let these stay on...for a wee bit longer.
Sunday, October 22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment