(Rant ahead)
It is really quite simple, isn't it. If you can't deliver on promises, at least try not to make it worse by making excuses.
"You know how hard it is to de-addict myself" (of course, let's discount the fact that getting addicted wasn't hard at all, and that I really don't know how hard it can be to kick a killing habit)
" So, I thought I would do xyz, but then abc happened, due to which everything was feg-ged up and then I thought you would be wild if I didn't do lmn" (seriously, just shut up already. I'd rather you said I forgot/didn't have time/wasn't inclined to/am just being lazy)
"I know you are right, but.." (Compost! If nothing else, successive years of surviving this planet have taught most of us that lines that have "you are right", seldom make sense after "right".)
It's so much easier to plod on with no expectations, save that one will be consistently under-whelmed.
Sunday, December 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
oye ladki, ladki oye... kuch likh na naya ;)
Post a Comment