Wednesday, February 6

Aduthathu Meenu Sonna Kaettela

Meenakshi Mami (A's non-tipsy, orthodox, conforming Third Life avatar) reliably informs me that a certain software company earlier dabbling in vegetable products, is currently researching the effects of rasam rice on its professionals. Of course, it isn't on google yet, and unless it is there, I do not believe that it exists at all. Yes, i am a googlist.

But yes, why rasam rice, I ask Mami? Is it to do with the Iyengar in her? She hotly contests that- she would like to believe Meenu Mami is a perfect amalgam of -ers and -engars, half-preserver half-destroyer, at-will madisaree pallu changer personified .

But why not sambar rice, which is a more wholesome meal? Or why not curd rice, which I have always maintained is the best a man can get in 35 degrees and more. I will of course, reserve my more caustic comments on the subject until that research report is out.

1 comment:

Me said...

rasam - rapidly assimilating stimulating acceleration of meal...
okay that neither made sense nor create wit.
rasam/sathumdu is the kind of rice accompaniment which is thin, thickened in parts, spicy and salty, sometimes not so much, floating in a specific speed/direction...offered as cure for various ailments starting from sore throat...sometimes gulped down plain... just drink it just like that ma, i say!

-meenu mami