The mother of my favorite imp is fast asleep near me, as I write this…(and this is not any sort of ode to her, in case she ever decides to read this). Ours has been a bond knottier than any I have ever known…today would probably be one of those rare visits when we haven’t fought about a thing.
MMM (marriage, medicine and motherhood) takes a toll on relationships, including those that have weathered boarding school, adolescence and continuing immaturity. And as she lies here sleeping, I can’t help but hark back to the days when we were younger…music lessons, poochandi, fights , broken specs and marker stained clothes, falling asleep over books on social studies and medicine -sleep, always the great leveler!And at times like this, it feels like not much has really changed-I am still the one awake, watching over her, and telling myself that in such peaceful times, she can, with effort, be loved .
Thursday, November 23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment