Monday, October 30

What price, honesty?

The defining line between honesty and stupidity is often breached, in one's eagerness to be true to that nagging partner called conscience.

So, no sooner do I tell someone the "real" reason, for insanity, in a bid to clear my muddled self, I realise that I am just making a complete ass of myself.Of course, an ass with a heightened sense of self worth and a clear conscience.Rare breed, that.

Pity, most listeners focus more on the animal, than its redeeming qualities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tis theoretically possible to be honest to one's conscience without necessarily revealing too much information to the external world

Anonymous said...

I second the wise sage.It pays to be a little discreet and sagacious sometimes

Anonymous said...

to the anonymous agreer (is this even a word?):
is the choice of anonymity a conscious implementation of the above mentioned policy :-)