Thursday, October 5

Looney Tunes

Have to see/think/do something funny/crazy, if nothing else, just to break this gloomy (?) monotony of sitting at my desk and singing “Counting Down the Days”, and getting emotional on writing thank you mails and drafting to- do-before I leave lists .

I could think of

-“Dandrop” treatment offered at a men’s beauty salon (laugh more), a couple of miles down the road.

.-Hair forwarding, which I cannot, by any wild stretch of imagination, understand(unless, it is some esoteric gay club secret, that I would do well to not even hazard a guess on )

-A book that I read that says that nice girls don’t get corner offices, because among other things they got the position all wrong ( foot in mouth is good posture , but feet curled up under me isn’t).And how even reading that hasn't shaken the habit.

-The Title of my unwritten book (and the translated versions-yes, we are translating it into English, for readers who can't understand it)

-A completely brainless, and therefore, highly informational conversation some days ago, on the merits of drunk husband(s)

-How I still stop longer, in front of counters selling Barbies and marvel at them Mattels, than ...(I sincerely cannot think of a better alternative)

-The imp calling the zoo snake(from her paint palette which also moonlights as a cell phone-007, bet you never had such a colorful imagination, ahem!) in the middle of an exciting (help, we are truly dying, here!) dinner cooked by me. Mission :To release her evil misbehaving other twin/alter ego/imp # 2( who was pushed by imp#1 into the snake pit, that we never visited ).And how even that bit of inspiration could not save her from the dinner.

And if none of that helps, I just might work!There we go again..:)

2 comments:

nice try said...

"marvel at them mattels" . .. marvel because you have a certain fondness for them or marvel at the enormous stupidity of the population that has made these a roaring commercial success?

dya said...

Barbies bring out the hidden/obvious bimbos in the best of us, and some of you guys on the periphery.

...but, ur not understanding something doesn't make it stupid, even if "it" is just a dollicon.Do u remember this game that the male popln used to play in school..something with a book and a pencil..i couldn't understand it for the life of me, but I would never call it names, at least not in print (I just deleted stupid, btw:))


Oh..and u have to have "evolved" with Ms. B, to understand the marvelling..