Sunday, July 16

M..and M..

1. … KJ’s latest flick is rather nicely titled. The word “Alvida”, evokes a sense of finality to a goodbye. The average Tam-Bram household would, however, frown on the word “poren”( loosely means “never to return”) and the usance would be in favour of the optimistic “poitu-varen” (I will return).
(.. oughta register the title; there shall come a time when all the K-movies will be re-made-hopefully, local Danny boy will ham through Shahrukh’s roles)

2. ..This month and year, sees more friends plunging into M-zone, and making a dent in my precarious finances. I thought I was alone in thinking that the world seems to be in hitching hurry, and mine was probably a case of sour grapes insomuch as I don’t understand the mania, until I read a recent blog by Sunshine (she spoke my mind!) and a Nat Geo article on dopamine & oxytocin , the long and short of which is:

Love & OCD -> Lower serotonin
Relationship Lifespan-> Dopamine Levels (Avg. Four Years)
Shorter Relationships & Autism -> Lower Oxytocin

My take:
-There is no such thing as true love- the mental illness is curable and fleeting
-Love and the culmination to the institution whose status is decried as much as it is sought , are like a pair of Lee’s: -
· You need one, cos everybody has one, and you can’t be a social outcast
· There is no “perfect fit”-the choice depends on your state of mind and body when you first bought ‘em., and the willingness to compromise
· Deep pockets are always preferable
· You find one that fits snugly, and wear it all the time, the first few years.
· The pair frays and fades, but you cling on, because of the “comfort” factor. The jeans and your contours haven’t understood each other, but have learnt to co-exist without getting in each other’s way.
· Eventually, you are well advised to change the pair!

3. ..Means ?
I forgot..I am still trying to find smarter analogies for L and M. !
I think what I set out to say (and didn’t finish) was: If there is no true love, it only follows that the cliche that “she will return, if she really loved you” (the dominant theme in this flick), just doesn’t hold.

2 comments:

nice try said...

the lee/ M analogy is ok .. but how can you account for fashion styles in which worn out/vintage look/stonewashed jeans are in vogue :-) ?

dya said...

...Anna Nicole Smith, Charlie Chaplin.. and Demi Moore [if you still didn't get it- I mean that there will always be grave-diggers (the old/frayed look) and cradle snatchers (I dunno the denim equivalent)..,but largely the preference is for the regular fit!!]

Fads keep changing.. believe moi, a self-confessed fashion TV junkie, the faded look is so last season!